I decided recently that I should at least go and be assessed for suitability for a cochlear implant as I am struggling these days. GP has written the referral letter (with a little help) and it was sent off earlier this week.The ENT department rang the house and offered an appointment for Monday morning! (bit quick, must be because I work in the business or someone put in a word for me (I think one of our patients works in the medical secretary department at ENT.) So I have cancelled all I can for Monday morning and am going up to see the ENT Consultant.
I will keep you all informed. Of course, you may all know all about CIs already, in which case tell me to belt up!
Bit scarey but now I have set things in motion I must go onwards and upwards – smile on my face!
View all posts in this series
- An appointment is arranged - March 12, 2010
- The first appointment - March 15, 2010
- Naidas on board - March 27, 2010
- I need to do something radical about my hearing - April 15, 2010
- Later that day
- Aims and percentages - May 3, 2010
- Quick update – appointments - June 4, 2010
- Choices - June 19, 2010
- First assessment - July 12, 2010
- Second assessment - July 19, 2010
- MRI scan - August 4, 2010
- Oh no! We’ve only just begun? - August 17, 2010
- Genetics at GOSH - November 15, 2010
- Questionnaires, tests, concerns and expectations - December 6, 2010
- Getting the go-ahead - December 13, 2010
- Deaf awareness
- Stereo implant – do I or don’t I? - December 19, 2010
- So at last we are in business - January 21, 2011
- Two days to go - March 22, 2011
- Launching Cherry (or maybe her Blog) - August 26, 2013