Initial assessments not until 12th and 19th July so I have been reading up on processors. I gather the hospital will offer a choice of a few and I will have to pick which one – quite a dilemma because what do I know about them?
I have made a couple of notes of what I think I want. Long life rechargeable battery so I am not changing batteries during a working day or having to carry a charger around with me. I want music to be good. And I think I need one that is OK with MRI scanners as there are other bits of me “falling off” and wearing out and it might be useful to be able to have an MRI.
Someone else I know is going for an implant – at St. Thomas/Guys, and he has chosen the smallest one – he didn’t want big and klunky – whereas I can hide mine in my hair. We will be able to compare and perhaps help each other out with the after-op therapy even though we are going to different hospitals.
View all posts in this series
- An appointment is arranged - March 12, 2010
- The first appointment - March 15, 2010
- Naidas on board - March 27, 2010
- I need to do something radical about my hearing - April 15, 2010
- Later that day
- Aims and percentages - May 3, 2010
- Quick update – appointments - June 4, 2010
- Choices - June 19, 2010
- First assessment - July 12, 2010
- Second assessment - July 19, 2010
- MRI scan - August 4, 2010
- Oh no! We’ve only just begun? - August 17, 2010
- Genetics at GOSH - November 15, 2010
- Questionnaires, tests, concerns and expectations - December 6, 2010
- Getting the go-ahead - December 13, 2010
- Deaf awareness
- Stereo implant – do I or don’t I? - December 19, 2010
- So at last we are in business - January 21, 2011
- Two days to go - March 22, 2011
- Launching Cherry (or maybe her Blog) - August 26, 2013